Reduced Energy Demand
- Building envelope (walls and windows and insulation) is airtight.
- 150 geothermal wells use the constant temperature of the earth to heat and cool the building.
- Highly efficient HVAC system was custom designed for the building and uses a water-cooled variable refrigerant flow (VRF) solution.
- Lights and electric outlets power off when not in use to reduce energy.
- Nearly half the garage parking spaces are wired for future electric charging.
- CPS Energy bills were reduced by more than 80% compared to the previous building.